Wednesday, July 1, 2009
You never could spell.
Every letter was a cryptogram
and I was a top-secret hacker,
determined to learn your secrets,
to know you inside
and out.
Nobody knew your story as well as I,
including your confused homonyms
and misspelled words.
Your syntax and semantics
twisted around one another,
unintelligible to the untrained eye.
But I,
I knew the code,
knew which letters spelled my way
into your heart.
Only the meanings were more confused
than even I could imagine.
And soon, I learned that I had confused your definitions
with my own.
Reading into your typos and misunderstandings
more than any logical human being could.
By finally translating your unintelligible babble,
I learned of my own mistake.

You never could spell.


- Hannah Jo, 2009

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Jill at 11:36 PM |

0 Comments: