Sunday, February 22, 2009
You are everything I've ever wanted
in anybody
And you are kind, caring, and considerate.
You are creative and intelligent.
And you are sweet
And don't care what others say.
You are ambitious.
And you are able to give me space.
You are trustworthy
And you are crazy about me.
And most of all, you act like you
actually
love me.

But I...
I can't see myself with you.
I can't picture our future.
I can't trust you,
because I couldn't trust him.
I can't be affectionate,
the way you are towards me.
I can't stop myself from shutting you out.
And sadly...
unfortunately...
I can't
love you...
the way you
deserve to be loved.

I can't.

- Hannah Jo 2009

Labels: , , , , ,

posted by Jill at 1:15 AM |

5 Comments:

At February 27, 2009 at 6:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Unrequited love - the complications of the human mind never cease to fascinate me.

The difference between will and want and can't and can....

Well recounted!
 


At February 27, 2009 at 6:10 AM, Blogger anthonynorth said........
Sadly, often the case. Nicely put.
 


At February 27, 2009 at 12:11 PM, Blogger Cassiopeia Rises said........
Well Hannah Jo, this is sadly the way of all life. We let the good one slip away. Awesome work.

love-bd
 


At February 28, 2009 at 12:09 PM, Blogger Linda Jacobs said........
Perfection isn't everything, is it?

Nicely done!
 


At February 28, 2009 at 1:02 PM, Blogger Tumblewords: said........
Right out the truth files! Good job - the repetition is wonderfully well adapted...